Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I've got a Golden Ticket!


When I was in elementary school, we had a system called the golden ticket system. The idea was, that if a teacher spotted you doing a good deed, you got a ticket. You get five, you get to go to the Principal's Office and pick out a toy.

I clearly remember being so excited and picturing the cheap version of this thing. Although I am sure at the time I was not concerned with underage workers and the like.
 hilarious.

In the line at brunch the other day, I spot my friends ahead in line...by one person. The guy sees me talking to my friends and tells me to jump ahead of them to be with them. "Good guy!" I yell. I wish we had sort of a good guy award in the style of the Golden Ticket. People just being good citizens. We always take note of those who aren't, it might be nice to recognize the good little things people are doing in the world.

No comments: