Friday, December 13, 2013

Just what Denton needs, more pollution!

The Sriracha to Denton campaign is a cute idea and a great way to gain social media love, but did anyone actually think it through?

Denton has some of the worst air quality in the state of Texas. I didn't have any respiratory issues until I moved there, and lo and behold, I moved just forty miles away and my need for daily respiratory medication has ceased. Also gone is my recurring upper respiratory infections. (Although, I have only been gone only a few months, so honestly this may still be up in the air.) I love the City, just not the air.

And for a county like Los Angeles, which is not known for taking a tough stand on air pollution, to decide that the complaints of ear, nose, and throat irritation are too much is really saying something.

No comments: