Monday, December 19, 2011

Two sentence reviews of all the four-star books I have read this year



It's Lonely in the Modern World: The Essential Guide to Form, Function, and Ennui from the Creators of Unhappy Hipsters

More than a blog turned book, this book was very informative.















The Internet is a Playground

This guy is an asshole. It is hilarious. 

















The Night Circus

A good book, but I love the circus. It could have been a bit shorter. 















This Year I Will...: How to Finally Change a Habit, Keep a Resolution, or Make a Dream Come True

I must have read this earlier in the year because I don't remember it. Apparently I liked it ok though. 















Traffic

Thanks to both Adam and Howard for recommending this. If you drive at all , this is a pretty interesting read. 
 

101 Things I Learned in Film School

I really like this series, but wish there were more. It takes an expert in the field (cooking, architecture) and teaches the basics one might learn in a 101 class. 














Things I've Learned From Women Who've Dumped Me

I do not remember reading this. I guess I like Andy Richter? 














Kafka on the Shore

Murakami, nuff said. 
















Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers

Read this before lunch for an appetite suppressant. This was interesting and disturbing.















PLUTO 001

I love this series. I think this is the only one that got four stars instead of five. 















Wilson

Humor and loneliness, together at last. 















Do Gentlemen Really Prefer Blondes?: Bodies, Behavior, and Brains--the Science Behind Sex, Love, and Attraction

Yay! Psuedo-science!















Damn You, Autocorrect!: Awesomely Embarrassing Text Messages You Didn't Mean to Send


Giving this four stars seems generous, but oh well. I guess it made me laugh. 














Summer Blonde 

Need to read more from this author. 















Zombie Spaceship Wasteland

Not so many chuckles, but thoughtful. This year was a great year for comics writing books.
 















Drinking at the Movies

I may have to read more of her books. She has books called The Fart Party volumes 1 & 2.















The Word Made Flesh: Literary Tattoos from Bookworms Worldwide

I am looking up ideas for good tattoos to cover up my crappy one. This book was a good start. 















Exploiting My Baby: Because It's Exploiting Me

I am not the target demo for this, but I still find it hilarious. I sort of love this author. 













Simpler Living: Over 1,500 Ways to Simplify, Streamline, and Remake Your Life

This is one of those books you read because you want to be a different person. Obviously, I am still a slob. 

No comments: